Begin forwarded message:

Date: March 10, 2011 11:14:51 AM EST
Subject: [Ossi] We'd like your feedback on OSS Adoption/Usage in Government Systems

We'd like to get your feedback

on government adoption of open source

(Thursday, March 10, 2011) As part of the Homeland Open Security Technology (HOST) program, we are helping to study where, how and why open source software is being used within government IT systems.

A team led by representatives from the University of Texas at Austin and Georgia Tech Research Institute are conducting voluntary interviews by email and telephone of federal, state and local government representatives who are willing to share their experiences and insights on open source adoption within public sector systems.

Information provided will help to identify common challenges, solutions and resources available to public sector adopters.

We are looking for input from representatives from all branches and levels of government and public sector, as well as those who provide service and support for open source solutions to government clients.

If you are interested in participating, please contact our research team by email at: govoss-feedb...@oss-institute.org .

Specifically we're looking for:

  • END USERS: People in Government who use open source software
  • DEVELOPERS: People in Government who develop open source software as part of their official duties
  • ACQUISITION & VETTING: People in Government who deal with acquisition decisions, information assurance (IA) vetting and/or support software
  • OPEN SECURITY: Developers who have had success in getting government approval in the open security/open source solutions
  • VENDORS: Vendors who provide support for Open Security/Open Source software in government spaces

If you meet this criteria, or know someone who does, please contact us.   Our team will select a number of interview candidates for approximately 20-30 minutes telephone interview. Others, we will accept your stories and insights via email.

Conversations can be non-attribution, if preferred.  Prior to our call, we will provide interviewees with a short list of questions to consider.

We appreciate your consideration and hope that you can take a few moments to share with us and others lessons that you've learned from working with open source software within government IT.

Thanks
jmw

--

John M. Weathersby, Jr.