Hi,
I would be interested in contributing to this introductory day. We have
been doing this in Germany since 2003 with great success. I could
imagine to give a talk about Open Source, Free Software, associated
concepts and the business modles around it. Or give an overview of use
cases in large installation in Germany, Austrid, Switzerland and the UK.

Just let me know whether you are interested.

Best regards,
Arnulf

Peter Batty wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This has already been mentioned on the FOSS4G list, but I wanted to make
> sure that everyone was aware that we'll be a doing a one day "introduction
> to geospatial open source" event the day before the main conference starts,
> in parallel with the pre-conference workshops. This will be aimed at a broad
> audience, but in particular at users, developers and managers involved with
> geospatial software / GIS who haven’t yet had significant involvement with
> open source. It will work equally well as a standalone event, or as a way of
> getting up to speed to get the most out of the full FOSS4G conference.
>
> More details at http://2011.foss4g.org/intro-details/.
>
> If you know of people who could benefit from this, please let them know!
> We'll be publicizing it through various channels.
>
> The event is being organized by Brian Timoney, who has previously run
> several similar events locally. We have several speakers lined up already,
> and we'll be looking over the abstracts submitted to the main conference
> also, and may ask some people to participate based on those. If you have
> suggestions or interest in participating feel free to contact Brian or
> myself.
>
> Cheers,
>     Peter.

- --