Il 05/06/2011 07:06, Tyler Mitchell ha scritto:
> Here are the four "traditional" opportunities where fundraising focus takes
> place - but I'm sure you can think of more creative ones too!
> * Foundation Sponsorship
> * Project sponsorship
> * FOSS4G conference sponsorship
> * General donations
>
> Other ideas out there:
> * Set up a certification or training program
> * Add a paid membership level
> * Run more events through OSGeo
> * Sell more merchandise
> *... what are your thoughts?
>
> See attached graph of survey results showing the top 6 selections the 160+
> respondents provided.
>
> Interested in any of these?  Have more ideas of your own?  Let's start an
> informal group to work on the ideas.  Even if you only have the occasional
> idea or tip, please don't hesitate.  The previous committee helped assemble
> the basic Foundation and Project sponsorship ideas that we've had for the
> past 4 years, we can build on this and put some new strategic direction in
> place if there is interest.
>
> It's hard for anyone to consider fundraising on their own without support
> behind them for the initiative, so if you need to talk privately or have
> ideas you would like to discuss off-list, just let me know and I'll be glad
> to work with you on it.   If there are a couple more people interested, then
> I could set up a skype voice meeting to kick around some more ideas - I just
> need to know who's interested.  It certainly can be a lot of fun too -
> especially the brainstorming side, so don't let the financial aspect scare
> you off ;-)

We @QGIS have a rather different experience. We have a donation program which
helped
us to raise small but useful money (without that it would be much more
difficult to
have our regular developer meetings), and helps building up a sense of
community.
Larger sponsorships and funding are IMHO easier to accommodate, what we need is
a way
of making it easier and more productive to have microdonation, both aspecific
("I
like your project, I'm sending a few dollars to express my gratitude") and
specific
("I think it is important to fix bug #xxx, please add this money to the pile,
to help
motivating a developer to fix it").
All the best.