On 09/24/2013 02:57 AM, Daniel Morissette wrote:
On 13-09-23 11:08 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

Hi Daniel,
I see two possibilities here:
* osgeo4w is an official foundation project, and as such it does not
need to apply for incubation (it would be circular reasoning); in this
case the PSC should be appointed by the foundation, or
* it is an independent project, thus following the usual procedure; in
this case, better not to use the osgeo4w name and logo, and let the
devs self organize.
Thoughts?

Hi Paolo,

Even the founding projects of OSGeo (MapServer, GRASS, MapGuide, etc.) did go through incubation, so I think OSGeo4W should go through the same path. Since it is already handled by people who know "the OSGeo way" it will simply be faster and mostly a matter of running it agains the checklist. If its incubation can be completed in a few weeks then that's just better.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I am in favor of both OSGeoLive and OSGeo4W going through a few weeks incubation process.

Best,
Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos