A lot of people like RH and CentOS because you can get paid support so I understand the need for support. It just seems to lag getting there by 6 month to a year in my experience.

-Steve

I am switching my big noisy server from CentOS to Ubuntu Server even as we speak. The ONLY reason I chose CentOS initially was so that I could experiment with ArcGIS Server. Now that I no longer have access to an EDN license, I can't get it switched over fast enough.

CentOS is fine if you don't use Ubuntu anywhere else, but it's easier to have consistency between my desktops and servers.

Brian