On 09/10/15 13:04, Sandro Santilli wrote:
On Fri, Oct 09, 2015 at 11:11:06AM -0400, Andrea Ross wrote:
Dear Everyone,

Please pardon me for those who already know this news.

I participate quite a bit and have supported OSGeo initiatives since
the early days (FWIW, I am a charter member since 2008), and it
seems appropriate to share this here as well.

If you please, it is my wish you call me Andrea
<https://42aross.wordpress.com/2015/10/08/my-name-is-now-andrea/>
from now on. Thank you.
Hey Andrea, that was a great read, thanks for being yourself !

A fun thing is that "Andrea" in Italy is a male name (translation of
Andrew) so it wasn't very clear from the subject what you were after).

It's good to see female population growing in this community, btw :)

--strk;

Thanks for your email Sandro. Yeah, I recognize that for a few parts of the world, Andrea is more typically a male name. Of course for quite a few it's typically a female name. I guess that's kind of a fitting name for me then. :-)

Kind regards,

Andrea