For those who are not following the board email lists and hearing snippets:

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        Re: [Board] Resignation
Date:   Mon, 14 Dec 2015 19:13:42 +1100
From:   Cameron Shorter <cameron.shor...@gmail.com>
To:     bo...@lists.osgeo.org, jeff_mckenna <jmcke...@gatewaygeomatics.com>

Hi Board, Jeff,
I suggest that should Jeff's resignation be accepted as he requests,
that it should be announced to the greater OSGeo community in order to
keep them in the loop.

I suggest that such an announcement be accompanied by an acknowledgement
of the many great things that Jeff has contributed to OSGeo over the
years. [Source material: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Jeff_McKenna]

Ideally it should include a sentence or two from Jeff discussing the
decision to step down.

Jeff, do you have thoughts on this, and contents to contribute toward
such a notification?

Warm regards, Cameron