Hi Maxi

I have not been at the actual birthing myself ;-)
As far as I could retrieve from the archives the MapServer community appeared
to have been the basis, as its Bylaws were legally transferred/adopted. Perhaps
someone else knows more?

More importantly it illustrates that ; the mental model/ideas of how to
organise and run an umbrella organisation like OSGeo is a carbon copy of how a
single project community operates (voting, chapter members in stead of
committees, infrastructure like IRC/wiki). For inspiration I draw from; the
Apache Foundation is somewhat differently organised from its individual
projects (in terms of governance, structure, expertises, processes,
infrastructure and the like).

From a former life (Architecture/City planning); 'form follows function'. A bus
station (usually) does not resemble a single bus.

Looking forward to your suggestions/ideas on the matter.

Vriendelijke groet,
Marc Vloemans