+1

Hereby I support the nomination of Dirk Frigne

Am 2016-09-13 20:50, schrieb Jorge Sanz:
Forwarding nominations of Moritz Lennert and Gert-Jan van der Weijden
for Dirk Frigne.

Best
 Jorge Sanz
 CRO 2016

******

Hello,

I would like to nominate Dirk Frigne (dirk.fri...@geosparc.com [1])
from
 Belgium as a board member.

Dirk has entered the Board recently and has since worked hard on
 advancing OSGeo interests and on pushing an agenda of
 professionalizing OSGeo as an organisation. He was one of the
co-founders of OSGeo.be in Belgium and has been one of the leaders of the OSGeo-EU initiative which led to the creation of this new chapter and which hopefully will allow breaking the stronghold of proprietary
 software in EU institutions and allow the integration of more foss4g
in
 European initiatives and programmes, by federating European actors
 into networks.

He has a strong business perspective and thus ensures a voice for all
 the small SMEs active in foss4g.

I feel that he has only just begun and that at his current rate of
 pouring energy into OSGeo he will bring a lot to the community if he
 is allowed to continue in the board.

Moritz

--
 Jorge Sanz