Hi James, others,

Yes, please do share any tips, tricks and tools you have worked out re USB creation (and other tips) in our wiki. A starting point for collecting USB ideas is here:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Quick_Start_for_USB

And if you have ideas which are "production ready", we should include them in our main OSGeo-Live Quickstart:
https://live.osgeo.org/en/quickstart/usb_quickstart.html

Thanks,
Cameron