Hi Rob,

Thank you for this thoughtful message. I will think more on your advice, to be careful to not to blame negative behavior on a positive attribute, so as to not allow it to happen again. I look forward to working with you, even if I am not elected, to as you said perfectly, make this community more awesome! Let's plan on meeting for an early morning breakfast soon at a FOSS4G. -jeff

Good luck to all the great candidates.

On 2017-10-15 7:08 PM, Rob Emanuele wrote:
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your comments here and elsewhere. I appreciate that you are taking ownership of actions that have caused conflicts in the past. My one follow up comment is that you should, in my opinion, be careful about pointing to the excuse of passion in situations where your words or actions negatively effect others and the community. While your passion may be a significant reason for you to act certain ways, blaming negative behavior solely on such a positive attribute can potentially dismiss the negativity and the harm that the behavior can bring, and can allow for similar things to play out in the future.

I respect your apologies here and elsewhere, and again appreciate you responding to the concerns presented. If you are elected, I look forward to you bringing your passion in a positive way to the board. If there comes a time where the referenced concerns come up again in the future, I hope you will not mind if I call it out, and point back to this time and these discussions. I will do so as a friend, who is working with you to help make our community even more awesome.

Best,
Rob