Dear Open-Source-Minded Gentle Humans,

I wish to draw your attention at once to two areas of possible interest.

1. One is an elegant technical description for ^how^ EarthServer is able to
tame ^Big EO Data.^ Think datacube!

Fostering Cross-Disciplinary Earth Science Through Datacube Analytics
https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-65633-5_5

Note the platform of choice for www.EarthServer.eu to see this indubitably
dense data, none other than https://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/

ESA has also standardized on the WebWorldWind platform, a platform ESA and NASA
are advancing together, for the benefit of all!

The WorldWind virtual globe has been there as Open Source, years before any
other, having been around now for well over 15 years. The mission then, as now,
has always been to get the planet onto one-page for spatial data "because that
goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills."
[Kennedy '62]

2. If you want to accelerate at the speed of enlightenment with your spatial
data, power up with this super-charged starter app, OS all the way!
http://worldwind.earth/

-patrick.ho...@nasa.gov

For just a taste of what ESA is doing with WorldWind:
~ Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=esa.sentinel
~ iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/esa-sentinel/id1036738151