According to the camera's data sheet, their FramePro software will take the proprietary format and output "Distortion-free, 8 and 16-bit JPEG, TIFF and BSQ images with RGB, RGBN, NRG, NIR and NDVI band combinations"

It doesn't really seem unreasonable for a camera to use a proprietary internal format, as long as they provide software to convert it to standard formats.  Particularly if it's a camera with some special sensor characteristics.

The real question is whether they provide their software with the camera, or whether you have to pay beaucoup bucks for it.

Miles Fidelman