These opportunities you suggest are extraordinary (fantastico! Grazie mille!!!).
I dearly hope the world community will wake up and find the ESA-NASA Web
WorldWind visualization engine their wisest path forward!
Sentinel data right at home, here are just a couple ESA apps built with it!
We provide a starter app for the world to have ^to infinity and beyond^ fun
with! Even ESA has standardized on it!
Let's get this world working in concert! All of us in this together!
With ESA & NASA providing the Sentinel 'sweet spot' platform!
From: Discuss [mailto:discuss-boun...@lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Maria
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2018 1:28 AM
To: discuss osgeo
Subject: [OSGeo-Discuss] ISPRS Technical Commission IV Symposium 2018
I want to share with you information about this interesting Symposium
ISPRS Technical Commission IV Symposium 2018
Delft, The Netherlands October 1 - 5, 2018
3D Spatial Information Science - The Engine of Change
It is my pleasure to invite you to submit papers, register for a workshop or
follow the scientific sessions during the ISPRS TC IV symposium:
http://www.isprs.org/tc4-symposium2018/. The symposium is jointly organised
with UDMS SDSC, FIG 3D Cadastre and 3DGeoinfo
The focus of this symposium is on 3D representations, integration of data from
different domains (indoor/outdoor, above/below the surface, design/real world)
and applying the information for a variety of applications. The joint event
aims to bring together researchers, professionals and users from different
domains to discuss, exchange ideas, and demonstrate new developments. It will
provide great opportunities to learn users' requirements and interact with
software developers. Much attention will be given to 3D standards, open access
and exchange of spatial information. Best practices on 3D applications will be
Five keynote speakers will discuss emerging 3D spatial information topics:
* Prof Dr. Ruizhi Chen: Smartphone positioning and 3D mapping indoors
* Dr. Rod Thompson: 3D cadastres: 30 years back, 30 years ahead
* Dr. Claus Nagel: Use cases of 3D City Information Models
* Dr. Antonio Jara: Smart Destinations: Challenges and opportunities to create
sustainable smart cities in the data economy
* Dorine Burmanje: The Netherlands Cadastre, Land Registry and Mapping
ISPRS symposium will host two workshops and one mapaton. More information on:
The symposium covers the following research themes:
* Open geospatial standards (organised in cooperation with OGC and UDMS)
* Multi-dimensional Modelling
* Ontologies, Semantics, and Knowledge Representation for Geospatial Information
* Spatial Data Analysis, Statistics and Uncertainty Modelling
* Collaborative Crowdsourced Cloud Mapping
* Indoor/Outdoor Seamless Modelling, LBS and Mobility
* SDI: Internet of Things and Spatial Decision Support
* Geo-Data Management
* GeoComputation and GeoSimulation
* Geovisualization, Augmented and Virtual Reality
* Advanced Geospatial Applications for Smart Cities and Regions
* Geospatial Big Data and Urban Studies
* Global Mapping: Updating Verification and Interoperability More details here:
* Full paper submission: May 1, 2018
* Abstract submission: May 30 2018
* Notification of acceptance: June 15 2018
* Final paper submission: July 15 2018
Paper submission: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=isprs-tciv2018
Papers accepted after full paper review will be published in ISPRS annals.
Papers accepted after abstract review will be published in the ISPRS archives.
One registration for the joint event allows presentation of 3 accepted papers.
A tentative programme of the symposium is available here:
We are looking to see you at in Delft, 1-5 October 2018.
ISPRS Technical Commission IV 'Spatial Information Science'
E: isprs-cp...@isprs.org<mailto:isprs-cp...@isprs.org> W:
http://www.isprs.org/tc4-symposium2018/ W: https://www.tudelft.nl/geodelft2018/
See you in Delft!!!
Have a good reading:
Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Professor of GIS and Digital Mapping
Politecnico di Milano
P.zza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - Building 3 - 20133 Milano (Italy)
Tel. +39-02-23996242 - Mob. +39-328-0023867,
Discuss mailing list