As a follow up to Maria’s call, as you probably know, we have a MoU
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MOU_ISPRS <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MOU_ISPRS>
with ISPRS and these kind of activities are good examples of opportunities that
the MoU covers.
I have set up a wiki page where you can sign up  if you are interested in
helping out to organize an OSGeo Pavilion
and a forum (or several fora) on all things Open-Geo at the ISPRS congress in
Nice in 2020.
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGEO_at_ISPRS2020
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGEO_at_ISPRS2020>

Please sign up on the wiki by June 1 (next Friday) so that we can see how much
interest there is and we will prepare the answer to ISPRS congress organizers
based on the interest from the community.
Here is the congress website again: http://www.isprs2020-nice.com/
<http://www.isprs2020-nice.com/>

Thank you all for supporting this excellent opportunity,

Helena

> On May 24, 2018, at 4:08 PM, Maria Antonia Brovelli
> <maria.brove...@polimi.it> wrote:
>
> Dear All
> probably many of you know ISPRS (http://www.isprs.org/), which is the
> International Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, a Society with a
> long history and which is our partner  for instance in the GeoForAll
> initiative and in the Academic Track of FOSS4G 2018.
> ISPRS has (among the others) also a Technical Commission on Spatial
> Information Science, whose topics are very close to ours. And they are very
> open to collaboration with OSGeo.
> Last year Gerald Fenoy  co-organised  FOSS4G Europe in Paris with a good
> success.
>
> Every four years ISPRS organises a big congress attracting thousand of people
> ( researchers, companies, tecnicians of administrations, etc). In 2020 it
> will be in Nice (France).
>
> http://www.isprs2020-nice.com/
>
> I was contacted by Nicolas Paparotidis (the Director of the Congress) who
> proposed OSGeo to co-organise, in the frame of the Congress, these two
> initiatives:
>
> -  a forum on Geo-Open-Science, Geo-Open-Source and  Geo-Open-Data. The
> motivation of fora is  to encourage strong exchanges between academia,
> institutions, industry, and users on important structuring subjects. The
> program built for the fora must cover all aspects of the theme (integrating
> also policy issues) and not only scientific/tecnical aspects.
>
> - a pavilion,  where to group open-source companies to give them a stronger
> impact during the congress.
>
> The two initiatives are really challenging and therefore, for answering
> positively, we need to have a team of people who are interested in
> collaborating on that. Consider please that there is a great curiosity and
> interest with respect to open source and we have the occasion of showing the
> potential of our technologies in a new context. It is a challenge but, if
> well played, with many opportunities.
>
> Please circulate this news and answer to this call if you are interested.
> We will verify if there are the conditions (i.e. people/energy) for accepting
> this challenge and answer consequently to such an offer.
> Best regards!
> Maria

> Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
> Professor of GIS and Digital Mapping
> Politecnico di Milano
>
> P.zza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - Building 3 - 20133 Milano (Italy)
> Tel. +39-02-23996242 - Mob. +39-328-0023867,
> <mailto:maria.brove...@polimi.it>maria.brove...@polimi.it

Helena Mitasova
Professor at the Department of Marine,
Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
Associate director and faculty fellow at the Center for Geospatial Analytics
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208
hmit...@ncsu.edu
http://geospatial.ncsu.edu/osgeorel/publications.html
<http://geospatial.ncsu.edu/osgeorel/publications.html>

"All electronic mail messages in connection with State business which are sent
to or received by this account are subject to the NC Public Records Law and may
be disclosed to third parties.”