From: Discuss <discuss-boun...@lists.osgeo.org> on behalf of SERGIO ACOSTAYLARA
<sergio.acostayl...@mtop.gub.uy>
Sent: 11 July 2018 14:40
To: discuss@lists.osgeo.org; geofor...@lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [OSGeo-Discuss] GeoForAll Iberoamérica continues to grow

Hi all. GeoForAll Iberoamérica (G4A-Ib) continues to grow:

  *   we have 15 members from 8 different countries right now in the wiki
(https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoForAll_Iberoam%C3%A9rica ) and others to be
added shortly (still information missing)

  *   we are arranging future collaborations with other initiatives (GBIF,
EO4GEO)
  *   we welcome collaboration with other Regional/Thematic groups from
GeoForAll
  *   we are organizing our first students' competition with OSGeo's support
(see -in Spanish-
https://siglibreuruguay.wordpress.com/2018/06/14/premio-geoforall-iberoamerica-y-osgeo/)

  *   we have done a series of webinars (for example:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtoCaX0XUK-7VmHiaVkBri480immm5jBS) and
we plan to do more in the future
  *   we are part of the Editorial Board of the GeoForAll newsletter making
possible to have it translated to Spanish

If you want to join us you can do it through our mailing list:
writing to us in this global one. We encourage you to share your ideas and
opinions.
Have a nice day,

Sergio Acosta y Lara
Departamento de Geomática