Hello all,

Ben you are with your comment.

What do you think instead about an actual OSM Map from Dar Es Salaam - that shows how great the region is mapped
https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=13/-6.8049/39.2472

or maybe a nice photo instead of a map.

Astrid

Am 28.07.2018 00:17 schrieb Ben Caradoc-Davies:
I love historical maps. However, maps have been both the tool and
emblem of colonisation, by which Africa has been particularly badly
affected. The choice of an historical map of Africa for the OSGeoLive
background must be informed by the actions of those who used it and
their impact on the people of Africa, as well consider of the
current-day appropriateness of the labels used on the map. I would
follow the advice of the Africa Local Chapter and the Dar es Salaam
LOC.

Kind regards,
Ben.