From: Discuss <discuss-boun...@lists.osgeo.org> on behalf of Guido Stein
<gu...@guidostein.com>
Sent: 04 October 2018 13:39
To: OSGeo Discussions
Subject: [OSGeo-Discuss] Gauging Interest in AAG Annual Meeting in April

<TL;DR>

I would like to gauge interest in collaborating with the AAG for their Annual
Meeting. If you are interested in this idea and/or are already participating
with the AAG can you please respond to this thread.

</TL;DR>

Hey folks,

I was contacted by Oscar, one of the organizers of the AAG Annual Meeting,
asking if the OSGeo community was interested in participating in the AAG Annual
Meeting in 2019. The meeting is going to happen in Washington D.C. in early
April. The call for papers is open right now and ends at the end of the month.

http://annualmeeting.aag.org/call_for_submissions

I reached out to Oscar about our two communities (which there is a lot of
overlap) working together on projects when I was chairing the FOSS4G Boston
2017 event. He was willing to work with me to help promote our conference and
to discuss further relations as time went on. I was very happy to hear that we
were on his mind as he was working on the current AAG Annual Meeting.

I don't know who within our community is currently a part of the AAG and would
like some help in figuring out if there is a chance we can collaborate on an
OSGeo/Open Source thread within their event. This could be anything from
proposing talks, workshops, or panel discussions to putting a booth together.

The reason I am sending this out to the discussion list is because I realize
that this is something that could be of interest across multiple parts of our
community (e.g. marketing, geoforall, etc.) and I want to involve as many
people as I can. Also, I don't know everything that is going on across our
awesome community and would be thrilled to support an existing effort if one
already exists.

If you are interested in this or have information to share around this, please

Thank you for your consideration,

Guido Stein
President OSGeo US

attachment.