On 12/12/2018 23:08, Jonathan Moules wrote:
Personally I'm not a fan of the Covenant; it has big subjective loopholes and components that be used to retroactively change the rules.

My biggest problem with the Covenant is that it places responsibility for enforcement on project maintainers who did not realise that they might have to do this, may not have the skills, resources, or support required, and may be exposed to legal liability. If we adopt the Covenant, I think that enforcement should led by OSGeo officers who are trained, supported, and insured.

The Covenant is not AFAIK a covenant in the legal sense. If we use it, we can withdraw if it is changed in a way we do not like. It is CC BY so we can use it as the basis for a customised CoC, which we would then have to maintain.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <b...@transient.nz>
Director