Hi Jachym, I like the idea of a OSGeo 101 workshop. Ideally it can be developed into a continuously maintained workshop which can be regularly presented to new users at global and local FOSS4G type events.

It would be great to align OSGeo 101 with OSGeoLive material. Reasons:

* OSGeoLive has grown with a primary purpose of helping first time users learn about OSGeo products.

* OSGeoLive has a community behind it which is updating material every year - making it a sustainable initiative.

* OSGeoLive has a translation pipeline - meaning your material could be translated into other languages.

* I suspect you'd benefit from using the OSGeoLive distribution as a platform to present from.

* The OSGeoLive lightning overview, https://live.osgeo.org/en/presentation.html , could either be referenced, or incorporated, depending on the focus you take.

* We have also been talking about a related "introduction to OSGeo projects" workshop, which would aggregate ~ 5 to 10 of the OSGeoLive Quickstarts. The bonus would be that the material is already created, and the rigour applied to testing a workshop should improve the quality of our Quickstarts. It could help Quickstarts align around common use cases, making them easier to learn.

* What you are mentioning about teaching how to join OSGeo communities would dovetail well.

While I don't have the bandwidth to play a significant role, I can help with some periphery tasks - maybe review content for readability or similar.

Warm regards, Cameron