Dear Miriam and OSGeo Friends,

Firstly, I want to make it very clear that I offer these thoughts on a personal
basis and hold zero position of leadership in the OSGeo apparatus, bar charter
membership and membership of the Conference Committee :-)

That being said… Congratulations on your election!! I believe that yours and
HOT’s success in your ‘audacious’ goals will ultimately bring a new generation
of mappers to the fore! In the coming years, I truly hope that we collectively
can deliver on the promise that, hopefully, we started to collectively define
at FOSS4G 2018 in Dar es Salaam.

Your proposal to convene a "Board to Board" is a very interesting one,
especially as we have unique challenge in front us; I hope that it is an event
that it would be possible to participate as an observer :-). Wishing you the
very best in your new role and really hope that we can bring the communities
closer together :-)

Best,

Mark

[1]