[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

For example, you are listening to random playback via the usual means
(browsing, playlists, whatever). A song comes on that really catches
your mood. With a single button press you could then constrain the
subsequent tracks to be the remaining songs (in order) on the album
the track is from ("album lock"), or with a different button press you
could constrain subsequent tracks to those only by the same artist as
("artist lock").

I think that's a really great idea! I don't use shuffle, but I often listen to broadcast streams and find that hearing a particular song makes me want to hear the rest of that same album or artist. If I'm listening to Magnatune's shoutcast streams, I'll go to their webpage, look up the artist that was just playing, and listen to the rest of the album. Or I'll fire up something in my own collection.

Anyway, I would find this feature to be very useful too, especially if it can work from a broadcast stream.