Did you add the slimserver user in servermanager in SmeServer?

No, it should be created during installation of the slimserver rpm.

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:29:12 +0100, Michael Herger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:19:24 +0100, Stian Næprud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Thanks! Now I have installed the older 5.4 version of Slimserver. It
> works so far!  But it wont scan the music folder. Does the slimserver
> not have the right access to the ibay in SmeServer maybe?

I created an ibay for my music collection and added the slimserver user
manually to the group owning that ibay.

Michael

> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:41:21 -0700, Kirk Ferguson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>> Try rpm -e Slimserver, and some other name combinations. If you can't
>> get it, maybe try rpm -qa | grep -i slimserver to find the actual
>> package name.
>>
>> I've noticed that the rpm name and the installed package name don't
>> always match with Slimserver.
>>
>> Kirk
>>
>> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:31:14 +0100, Stian Næprud
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > Any idea how to uninstall the slimserver? I tried rpm -e, but is says
>> > it is not installed... I can not install the older 5.4, then it says a
>> > newer version is installed.

>> Enterprise.

>> intensive.

>> Anyone