From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 20 April 2005 07:45
To: discuss@lists.slimdevices.com
Subject: RE: [slim] Building a house server?

If you are planning to use this as a proper server and run services such
as
file & print, internet hosting, etc you would probably be better with
Linux
as this could handle it. Don't think you would get away with Windows
2003
mine sometime grinds to a halt and that is a P4 3.0Ghz with 1.5 Gb RAM.
If
people are downloading from the server then it can affect the slimserver
stream. You may get away with more services running if you set up some
QoS
or you could try W2000 Server which is not so memory hungry.