Do you have Putty set to forward ports through the SSH connection?  Setting up SSH is one of those things that I learn how to do and promptly forget once it is working.

On 5/3/05, MMay <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

Roy Owen Wrote:
> If you don't have the save password box checked you will get 2 login
> prompts
> one for port 9000 and a second for port 3483. However I am experiencing
> tthe
> same "lack of connection" as you. If I SSH over the local LAN I don't
> have
> any problems. But if I go out over the internet I have the problem.

Just for clarification... I don't get 2 login prompts, just 2
password prompts. I get the same 2 password prompts when I connect with
Putty, again with only one username prompt. For example (in Putty) I get
this:

login as:
I enter 'owner'
then I get
[EMAIL PROTECTED]'s password:
I enter the password
then I get
[EMAIL PROTECTED]'s password:
I enter the exact same password
then I get
Last login....  blah, blah, blah
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~
$

And it's ready to go. In SoftSqueeze, if I leave the SSH username and
SSH user password blank, Store password not checked, I get a
SoftSqueeze dialog box asking for my username and password (the text at
the top of the dialog box says SoftSqueeze: Username and password f...).
When I enter both I get another dialog box asking for another
password... this dialog box says SoftSqueeze: Password for
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
I enter the password (same one as before) anf the SoftSqueeze player
display changes from
Please wait.
SSH connecting.
Connection failed.
Please check server settings.

The 2 password prompt thing is odd, but I can still get in with Putty.

- Mike

--
MMay

Do meddle in the affairs of Dragons,
for you are crunchy and good with Tabasco.