Michael Herger wrote:
completely synchronized music or not.  I see a few mentions in the
forums of synchronization issues with the PC software and older
versions of hardware, but none of multiple SB2s.  Should I take this to
mean that it works flawlessly?  Anyone used it and can attest to its
functionality?

I'd say so, yes.

I want to be able to control music, playlists, volume, and
synchronization via 802.11b.  Is this possible?

This is all available from the web interface (don't know telcanto). If you're not sure: download the software and connect to http://localhost:9000/Handheld/ - this will give you the PDA optimized skin in your browser.

also, you may want to checkout the Nokia 770 as a slimserver controller rather than PDAs. See this thread:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=14419&page=1&pp=10&highlight=Nokia
This, in my mind, would be the closest approximation of a Sonos-type environment (also much cheaper).

cheers,
#!/ben