On 6/22/05, Michael Herger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I tried submiting from the forum but received no answer.

Forum or mailing list - there's no difference. I got your first mail, too,
but do not have an answer. That's why I'll ask some questions :-).

> I've noticed that if I start Slim.exe from a command prompt (the same
> holds
> true for slimserver.pl) with an asynchronous launcher, the program never

What's that asynchronous launcher?
An asynchronous launcher uses a Windows API call to create a new process in it's own memory space and thread.  If used from a command prompt one can close the command window without closing the new process.

> starts. Just starting from a command line it works fine. Due to

Does your log (slimserver.log) file contain any information about the
failure?
The log file never gets created.
--

Michael

Do meddle in the affairs of Dragons,
for you are crunchy and good with Tabasco.