If looks like the headphone amp chip itself (not surrounding traces) is
susceptible to picking up the 802.11 signal (it does not appear to be
DC power related). There's probably not much that can be done short of
shielding that whole section. I'm trying a few experiments to see if
there's an easy fix. Anyway yes, antenna orientation definitely makes a
difference - by pointing the external antenna either straight out or
towards the power input plug, I can make it go away. YMMV though - the
radio will switch dynamically between the external and the internal
antenna as needed.

--
seanadams