oyvindo;328398 Wrote:
> I find it so hard to understand why the developers at SlimDevices went
> for a playlist file format that differs from the WMP standard. Why? Can
> anyone explain the logic behind such a decision?

SC supports a wide range of playlist formats, including .wpl.  As
others have said, .wpl is far from standard - .pls and .m3u are much
more common. .wpl is also proprietory to Windows.  Not sure if you are
aware from your other posts, but SC is cross platform and works on Mac
and Linux too.  There are increasing numbers of people out there who
don't use Windows.

So if .wpl was the "only" playlist format supported, people with
Macs/Linux OS wouldn't be able to use SC, people who have .mp4 files
couldn't use SC and if SC created its playlists in .wpl format they
would probably have to pay some kind of licence fee to Microsoft,
because it's a proprietory format.  Personally, I think it's very
helpful that the designers have gone for the approach of supporting a
wide range of formats.

--
Siduhe

Who am I on 'LAST.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/siduhe)?
"-Siduhe Loved Tracks radio got the thumbs up. Feedback included: yeah,
it's good... got the odd dodgy track tho...-" (c) 'ModelCitizen'
(http://www.last.fm/user/Modelcitizen)