I suggested a change to the forum layout a while back and the thread got
completely ignored. But hey ho, i will have a go again...

I think a change is needed but splitting by product will just get
confusing. Most users wont have a clue if the issuse they are
experiencing is with the controller, squeezebox, squeezecenter or
network etc. What i propose is simply add a 'troubleshooting' forum and
that would take about 50% of the general discussion forum threads. Could
help sales too as pre-purchace customers will often pop into the forums
and the general discussion forum is often the first post of call. It
can be off putting and give the wrong impression that the product is
more problematic than it really is. I realise the beginers forum is
there but its obviously not being used correctly and a lot of people
with problems are not new users.

--
autopilot

*Server:* SC7.1b (Windows Vista 64)
*Players:* Squeezebox 3 (main room) / Squeezebox Receiver (bedroom) /
Softsqueeze (office).
*Amps:* Cambridge Audio 640a (main room) / Trends TA10.1 Class-T /
Logitech 5.1.
*Speakers:* Mission 701's (living room) / Kef Cresta 1's (bedroom) /
Logitech 5.1's.
*Remotes:* Harmony One (IR) / 1 Beta SB Controller / 1 Official SB
Controller.

'LAST.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/domrevans/)