Skunk;355263 Wrote:
> Forgot to mention, if you haven't rebooted the server since upgrading it
> won't allow the Controller to see that an upgrade is available.

Oops, I meant to say restarted SqueezeCenter, not rebooted.

dtslllw;355272 Wrote:

> Despite using the sd card method, the firmware still will not update
> (for either SC7.2.1 or SC7.3). Any other ideas? I won't be able to ring
> tech support till Monday.....
>
> This means I will be running SC 7.3 with the SBC firmware that was
> included with SC 7.1. Should the basic functions (playing music) work
> OK?

I've had trouble trying to SCP firmware on there if I didn't rename the
jive_7.3_rxxx to jive.bin. If you can't update it I'd go back to
whatever version SC that cooresponds with the firmware on the
Controller, and work from there.

thomsens;355466 Wrote:
> Ok - so I manually copied all the "jive" components from the web site
> listed above to the firmware directory under SC.  Now it appears to be
> letting me do the upgrade.  Why would I have to do that?

Never tried that before. Do you have 'automatic updates' enabled in Web
Interface>Settings>Advanced?

--
Skunk

http://www.last.fm/user/TheSkunk/