pippin;357477 Wrote:
> OK, so let us Europeans discuss about the US elections :-)
> I've got some nice outside views on that issue, too.

And what wrong with that, when US politics have such a massive global
impact? We can't vote, yet it has a huge impact on us. If some people
dont care what anyone else around the world thinks then thats their
choice. Bit of a sweeping statement i know, but its always seemed to me
that democrat voters might be less insular and care a bit more about
global opinion that republican. This impression was reinforced by the
fact that people where prepared to vote in Sarah Palin - who clearly is
the most internationally ignorant (less than that of most school
children) politician at this level i can recall - never even been
outside of the US. I'm not saying British foreign policy has exactly
been a great success either, mostly because we have been so much in the
pocket of the US.

So when i congratulated the US for voting in Obama, it was not
superficial - i generally do think its great that the US had the guts
to try something different. I hope it works out well for you.

--
autopilot

*Lounge  :* Squeezebox Classic -> Cambridge Audio Azur 640a -> Mission
701's.
*Bedroom :* Squeezebox Receiver -> Trends TA10.1 Class-T -> Kef Cresta
1's
*Office  :* Softsqueeze -> Logitech Active 5.1's.
*Kitchen :* Squeezebox Boom -coming soon-
*Roaming : * Squeezebox Controller -> Logitech mm28 portable speakers /
Shure E2c's
*Controllers :* Squeezebox Controller x 2 + Logitech Harmony one
*Server  :* SC7.3b (Vista 64) + AlienBBC, iPlayer & MusicIP headless.

'LAST.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/domrevans/)