Nonreality;346423 Wrote:
> egd, you really need to try MediaMonkey.  It handles huge libraries with
> no problem and has a ton of nice features including transcoding on the
> fly to your Ipod.  Right now it won't work with the new firmware for
> the Iphone and touch but that should be corrected shortly.  It's by far
> better than Itunes for the serious listener.  It might not be quite as
> cool for some things but a far better music manager.

I've used MediaMonkey in the past with my iRiver and indeed it is a
good program. Unfortunately no one has come up with a device to rival
the iphone/ipod touch and so I've just splashed out on the latter -
which is on its way. MediaMonkey can now work with the new generation
of iTouch firmware

I want to avoid iTunes if at all possible. My main concern is gapless
playback. Can anyone confirm that playback is indeed gapless when
transferring with MediaMonkey? I'm seeing conflicting information
around the web. It used to annoy the hell out of me on the iRiver
before Rockbox came along.

--
david_f1976

SB3 -> Musical Fidelity X-DAC V3 -> Marantz PM-66SE --> Tannoy Profile
631SE

Dave on www.last.fm/user/david_f1976