bernt;360725 Wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have this stereo connected to my computer with Kubuntu 8.10.
> http://www.amazon.com/JVC-FS-Y1-Component-System-Player/dp/B0007XH72Y
>
> The other day I burned a music cd from flac files and put it in the
> stereo to test it. And wow! What a sound compared to play the same
> music with Amarok.
>
> The sound from the computer was distorted and flat compared to the cd.
>
> If I installed windows, could I get better sound or is it the
> soundcard, cables or..?
>
> Has anyone else noticed a difference in sound quality between Windows
> and Linux on the same hardware?
>
> Kind Regards
> /Bernt

Yes I have found a difference, I dual boot into Ubuntu & XP - the root
cause of my difference's was related to the wireless card through. The
wireless card was performing poorly on Linux and that was impacting
sound quality, this has been improved significantly on the move to 8.10
so doubt whether that is your problem.

I haven't since the 8.10 checked the sound quality between the 2, I
guess this is a hard thing to measure as with the wireless issues
resolved then it would be related to my own interpretation

--
socistep