I have 5 squeezebox 3's around the house all connected to a MediaSmart
home server via Devolo 200 AV homeplugs. I've never noticed any
problems with this setup until I happened to plug a pair of headphones
into one of the boxes this morning.

I noticed that whenever the activity light on the Devolo flashes (to
indicate network activity( it causes a digital noise click through the
headphones even when the SB is switched off and playing nothing.

Things really start to hot up when the SB is switched on though. Any
scrolling activity causes digital noise and when a track is eventually
played, the digital interference sounds almost like a fax machine
through a telephone receiver (albeit much fainter).

This is definitely a problem caused by the Devolo homeplugs as I've
tried plugging the ethernet cable directly into the PC and it is
compleletly noise free.

Has anyone experienced this and is there a way to eradicate it?

cheers for any help.
Russ

--
luga00