tcutting;366779 Wrote:
> And realize, once you have ONE duet, you can add additional receivers -
> either SBR (the receiver half of the duet) and use to Controller (SBC)
> from the duet to configure it.  OR... you can get the Squeezebox
> Classic (aka SB3), which can be controlled with the original duet's
> controller or its own IR remote (or universal remote), AND it has
> display. (I just say this because your "low price" description includes
> $400 per location for Duet, but the SBR is $150, or a SB Classic is
> ~$250).
> Also, consider cleaning up your library... if you are sold on iTunes,
> work on ripping stuff to the Apple Lossless format, OR leave the Apple
> proprietary formats altogether and start transitioning to FLAC.
> Who knows, you might be able to get all those other systems to actually
> sound BETTER than the SBR/Z5500 combo!
> Good Luck!

tcutting:  thanks.  i didn't realize that.  so (a) you are saying I can
buy the classic squeeze box (that displays) and it will work with the
new duet controller? (b) the universal remote will also work like the
controller? (c) I am no longer "sold" on ITUNES -- in fact I am happy
to be rid of them.  but what is Apple Lossless or FLAC?  What will FLAC
do for me?  These things sound interesting and will stir the pot even
more.  again, thank you for these recommendations.  have you ever heard
of a wannabee audiophile touting the z5500?  what's the world coming to?
its the age of the computer!!  peace.  mitch.

--
Mitchell J. Stein