After raising a bug about this, I was asked, reasonably enough, to just
retest with current SC version 7.3.  So, I did that - and the volume
response has already been fixed! - see attachment.

It now runs (correctly, I believe) in 0.5dB steps down from 100 down to
1 (i.e. with output gain from 0 to -50dB) - following the correct linear
path on a log/lin plot.  (The final value of 0 = mute.)  It now provides
the fine control necessary when running the SB2/3 into a sensitive amp
at very low volumes e.g. for background music.

Sorry to have wasted everybody's time for reporting my testing of
obsolete software!  And thanks to the team who responded to the bug so
quickly!

|Filename: sc_7.3_volume.jpg                                        |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6358|

mooblie

Martin at 'HeadSpin' (http://www.headspin.plus.com)