> could you please elaborate on your last statement ("this issue should
> be handled much better...")?

As I said in an earlier comment we've added code to try harder to bring SC up.
If the default 9000 (or whatever SC is configured to use) is in use by another
application (eg. Twonky), it will automatically use a different port. We're
probing 9000-9010, 9100, 8000 and 10000. It's an arbitrary selection, but it's
unlikely any system will be using all of these already. SC should successfully
start in most of these cases. But we'd still need some means to tell the user
what port it's actually using. Doesn't matter if you're accessing it using the
tray icon, but on WHS this is a different story. Therefore a link to SC would
come in handy.

Up until a few days ago SC would simply quit with an error if its port was
being used by some other app.

--

Michael