BlueScreenJunky;395717 Wrote:
> That's what I keep reading... So why do they even bother selling the
> Controller ? Maybe they should just bundle the Receiver with an iPod
> Touch and iPeng pre-installed lol =D
>
> I really don't like ipods (never owned one but I can't stand the fact
> that you have to use iTunes and can't just use UMS, plus sound quality
> is said to be lower than other players), but I'll probably end up
> getting one only to control my SB3 and SB Boom ^^;

I know what you mean, I have an iRiver 320, but I finally broke down
and bought a used 60gb Video because it worked exactly the way I wanted
it to with the Pioneer HU in my car. I've borrowed my nephew's Touch to
try with my SBR and it worked very well. You don't necessarily have to
use iTunes to manage your music/iDevice, there are at least a few
alternatives out there like J River's Mediacenter/Jukebox, Media Monkey
and SongBird. However, Apple is making it very difficult for third party
software to support the 2nd generation iPhone/iTouch so support is still
somewhat limited for these outside of iTunes. But there are plenty of
used/refurbed 1st gen to be had.

--
Merlinwerks