JJZolx;407368 Wrote:
> More unsolicited advice...
>
> The first thing to do is make registration as difficult as possible to
> a bot.  vBulletin's CAPTCHA has been cracked, so there's no sense in
> using it when there are better alternatives.  The Q&A with a large
> number of good questions is supposed to work well.  Replacing CAPTCHA
> with reCAPTCHA is also supposed to work much better.

What's interesting about that is that when I enable reCaptcha we get
alot more signups. Also I tried enablign the Q&A and people got more
upset about that it seemed. Not to mention we have the non-english
forums to think about.

VBB doesn't give you the ability to say "use method A for
registrations, use methodB for posts, use methodC for etc"...

--
Matt Wise