peter;407800 Wrote:
> swayzak wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I never really considered this whilst accumulating my Duet & 2
> Booms.
> >
> > But what would happen if Logitech / Squeezebox went bust &
> disappeared
> > ?
> >
> > Would we be left with bits of silent hi-tech furniture ?
> >
> > I guess SC would still work so you could still access music this way
> -
> > but if SN ceased to exist then PCless music would go as well
> wouldn't
> > it ?
> >
> > Something to be said for a good old fashioned hifi ...
>
> I *never* use SN, so there seems to be a place for SC-only SB's doesn't
>
> there?
>
> Regards,
> Peter

Yes - as I said, you could obviously still use these devices on your
local network via SC.

But I'm the opposite - I've managed to go "completely SN" so that I can
just come in from work, put my network players on & kick my shoes off.

No need for me to put my PC on ;=)

I would miss this - it's what makes the Squeezebox so revolutionary for
me.

--
swayzak