awy;414011 Wrote:
> ...and I have no idea what Spicefly SugarCube does.

Sugarcube is an on-the-fly extension to MusicIP, which adds a new song
to the end of the playlist based on the current song playing. It seems
like a natural candidate for these delays, but it looks like it makes
the calculation after the song starts.

I have the sync delay set at 1 second currently, which appears to be
enough as I played music for about 2 hours last night and I only
experienced the delay with a couple of songs. If I experience more I
may make it longer.

I don't know if there may have been other issues related to this
problem, or if they were caused by some combination of the plugins, but
I did experience the following problems:

After removing the plugins last night the nightly rescan appears to
have blown up the database, sending Squeezecenter into a crash loop,
but it is rebuilding now.

And since I added the SB1, I did notice the occasional complete
disconnect in stream information, where Squeezecenter will report a
completely different song playing opposite the actual song that is
playing. This may be a side effect of the sync delay. I've noticed
Squeezecenter having trouble with shuffling the playlist right before
the track changes, but generally it would just stall, not play the
wrong song.

Also, as I noticed earlier, sometimes the SB1 would just drop the audio
output, but would otherwise be functioning normally according to its own
feedback and Squeezecenter.

All that said I consider this issue resolved. I'm always impressed at
the underlying engineering that went into the Squeezecenter design. The
fact that the remote architecture is such that my SB1, SB3 and Boom
remotes are all interchangeable, and that the SB1, with its outdated
underlying hardware is still viable client which can leverage the
latest server, is further testament to this.

I also appreciate the help from the community and Logitech which has
helped me make the most of this system.

Thanks again for helping me resolve this issue.

--
sander