dean Wrote:
> I'd love a sample file that exhibits this problem attached to a bug
> filed at http://bugs.slimdevices.com/
>
> Thanks!

On the basis that this request is likely to get raised quite alot I
guess I'd better publicise my previously private response.

Bug #1972 has been raised for this bug and assigned to Vidur Apparao.
Vidur raised a request on that bug note for further log details and an
example file illustrating the problem.

The log file I have provided with no problem.  However, I also e-mailed
Vidur to point out that I clearly couldn't legally attach a .mp3 file to
a public-access site without owning the copyright in that file... which
I don't.

I did, however, e-mail Vidur privately with the file, and have since
come round to the idea that I'm being a bit prissy...  I'll see if I
can attach the file to the bug in a moment...  I guess that although
not strictly legal, the powers that be probably have better things to
do than chase over one track...  If I stop answering my e-mail though,
you'll know what happened.

If anyone wishes to start a philosophical discussion about the problems
of developing code when the buggy test cases can't be legally
distributed, then they're welcome...

--
Nick McGrogan