If you are running Windows, I'd recommend buying another hard drive of
same controller type and same or greater size.  Also get a removable
disc tray (these cost about $20) and Norton Ghost 2003.  Create a
bootable Ghost floppy or CD-R, then as often as you like, power-down,
insert your backup disc, power up with the Ghost disc, clone the drive,
power-down, remove backup disc and store in secure location, remove the
Ghost disc, power-up.  For me, using 80GB UATA-100 drives, a 60GB data
backup takes about 25 minutes.  Easy as cake.

--
bishopdonmiguel