barend;424292 Wrote:
> After building a new PC, my Classic stopped working.
> It does recognize my modem's name etc. as usual, and I entered the WEP
> code, plus my modem's IP, but then it wants me to fill out the IP number
> of the squeezecenter.
>
> I think I need the PIN code, where can I find that?
> The setup gives me 19 sections, none of which show this figure.
> Neither does the sticker on the player.
>
> In installed the Squeezecenter, but on start it asks for my e mail /
> password, but there's no OK button!
>
> BTW, my player was bought when Logitech bought the thing, what happened
> to Slimserver?

If modem = router then it sounds like your router is setup for
fixed/static IP.  If your router is setup for DHCP (the router assigns
IP #'s) then your SB3 should connect to it without requiring you to
enter the IP.

PIN # is only for direct access to SN.  The PIN will be displayed on
your first connection attempt on SN, but you should not require the PIN
as your player is already registered on SN.

Until your SB3 properly connects to your router you won't have access
to SC or SN anyway.    :(

SC = SqueezeCenter (replaces old SlimServer program)
SN = SqueezeNetwork

--
toby10