gregcann wrote:
> Hello All!
> I have just bought a Squeezebox receiver to add to my original
> Squeezebox player / center.
> I downloaded the UDAP software & installed with ActivePerl on a direct
> wired laptop on the same network as my new receiver (wired) and existing
> Squeezebox (wireless).
> Double clicking on the udap_shell file in the scripts folder launches
> the Perl window with UDAP> prompt OK.
> Typing "discover" shows it broadcasting adv_discovery but no response.
> I have pushed the button on the receiver until it flashes fast then
> released & it's flashing slowly which I believe is correct for the
> "init" stage.
>
> Using IPCONFIG in a cmd window I only have one ethernet interface which
> is configured by DHCP from my router.
> I can ping the router, squeezebox original unit & my Slimserver PC from
> this machine.

Hi,

Do you have a firewall turned on? If so, try turning it off, or opening
port 17784 for UDP broadcast traffic.

> Should I be able to discover my "old" squeezebox with this tool?

Yes, I believe if you do a factory reset it will be in a condition
equivalent to the SBR init state.

If you're not already using it, I would suggest you try using:

https://projects.robinbowes.com/Net-UDAP/trac/browser/branches/1.0.x

or

https://projects.robinbowes.com/Net-UDAP/trac/browser/branches/1.1.x

The 1.0.x branch is self-contained, ie. it comes with all necessary modules.

The 1.1.x branch requires that you install the following modules:

Class::Accessor
IO::Interface::Simple
Log::StdLog
Term::Shell