sebp;434171 Wrote:
> Maybe that's something obvious I passed by, but I thought "native" meant
> "decoded by hardware" (like FLAC, OGG/VORBIS, etc).
>
> But tonight, I tried playing with a .m4a file, and couldn't help
> realize there was no AAC to AAC option in the Settings -> Advanced ->
> File Types page I could set to "native", like I used to for FLAC, WAV,
> AIFF and so on.
> And I also couldn't help seeing a aac2wav process running on my
> ReadyNAS while playing my sample track.
>
> Did I miss something?

My understanding is (not speaking for Logitech, obviously):
* Supported out of the box on all officially supported platforms: yes
* native: no.

Release notes say: SqueezeCenter now includes built-in support for
iTunes/AAC files, and AAC/AAC+ Internet radio streams. No support for
these radio streams if player connected directly to SqueezeNetwork.

Doesn't that tell it pretty darn straight? I never saw the word
"native" used by Logitech, so I am wondering what made you think there
was a point to refute.

--
dsdreamer