I am trying to get Squeezeslave to run as a service on a Vista 64 bit
system, and have tried to follow the suggested instructions, but am
having some security issues I think ... I have read somewhere that
srvany is of limited use in Vista systems due to the "improved"
security.

I can get squeezeslave to run ok from a command line ... I can wrap the
command up in a batch file and have it run on login, but of course I
then get the ugly DOS window left over. And in any case I would really
like it to be running without a login - i.e. as a service!

But when I try to run the instsrv command I get a message along the
lines of "you're not authorised to do that", though I had logged in with
an admin account.

Could anyone that has made this work on Vista offer some clues,
please?

TIA
Ceejay

--