I've been using the SB for a few years. I love it when it works. But I
would never recommend it to anyone, at least not without a long list of
caveats. These last few years have been full of frustrations and
opportunities to keep my vocabulary of expletives well tuned.

That being said, I do have to admit it is getting more stable. I have
been able to do upgrades without bringing my system crashing down on me.
That is progress. And secondly I have tried to replace it a few times
over the years with something that is suppose to be more stable. But I
find myself keep coming back due to the UI, which I guess I have just
gotten comfortable with. A for the flexibility that I haven't found
elsewhere.

The Sonos is an obvious replacement, but I just haven't been willing to
put out the $1K. Besides that little screen on their controller leaves
me cold. I am using a WiFi equipped 7" netbook to run SC and act as a
portable remote control, and am even thinking of going larger (to save
my aging eyes). I like being able to see lots of albums or artists
listed in front of me. It often inspires to play something I hadn't
thought of playing.

Now if you could just come up with a way to stop my netbook losing its
connection with my NAS and forcing me to rescan my library. That may be
the thing that eventually drives me to Sonos.

--
regalma1