I have the original Slimp3 device on firmware 2.3 running squeezecenter
7.3.3 on Windows XP.  This set up has been working for almost a decade.
Since yesterday, an interesting problem has crept up - the slimp player
crashes (the display blanks out) on the 3rd click from my sony v201
remote.

It is repeatable.  I power cycle, the slimp3 player goes through the
dhcp/find slim server bit.  Once the main menu is reached, I get two
clicks on the remote before things go dark.  I have done this numerable
times.  One on occasion, the display became garbled and I saw random
characters on it.

I have changed the battery on the remote, switched ports on my switch,
changed the cat5 cable, etc. and I now at my wits end.  Any thoughts on
what could be wrong and the possible fix?  Appreciate the help.
Thx
Katni

--
katni